Friday, July 24, 2009

Logann's New Roommate!

Almost 2 weeks ago, Peyton told me that she wanted to take her nap in the big girl bed. So I put her in Logann's room, on the bottom bunk of the bunk beds, and she slept for 3 hours! When she woke up, she said that she wanted to sleep there that night as well, so I called our big strong neighbor, Jeff, to see if he could help Brent take apart the bunk beds that evening. For those of you who have bunk beds, you know how hard it is to change the sheets...especially with an enlarging belly such as mine!!! So with the beds apart, we decided to obviously re-arrange the bedroom and re-decorate. I still need to hang some shelves, but I will post pictures of our finished project hopefully by the end of this weekend! They have been sleeping together since that day! With this big change, I was guessing they would wake each other up earlier than normal in the mornings, but wake time has been the same, if not a little later...around 8:oo am! They go right to bed at 8:00 pm most nights too! My little sleepers! I'm spoiled!
We are still going to swimming lessons, Monday through Thursday at Hough Pool. Last week, Natalie invited her friend Madison to come along, and the girls LOVED having another big girl to swim with!

We went to Open Swim last Friday evening. Brent couldn't wait to see the girls swim! Most nights at dinner, Logann tells Daddy what she learned at swimming, and occasionally I take video of her so he can see how she is doing. It is fun to go to open swim so the girls can show off their new skills!

Brent cleaned out the pond filter last Saturday and found a froggy. He trapped it in a jar so the girls could examine it! Peyton released it back into the pond...no need for a frog in the house!

Last Saturday during Peyton's nap, Logann and I went shopping for supplies to re-decorate their big girl bedroom. We made 4 stops! We stopped at a frame shop for a frame for Peyton's baby picture, Michaels for some paint and ribbon, Home Depot for more paint and supplies, and Ikea for shelves.

Daddy brought a crab home from work on Monday! His new boss went crabbing this weekend and brought crabs home for all of her workers! The girls were very interested in the anatomy of a crab. Also very interested in how to catch them, so we need to plan a crabbing trip soon!

We took Ashley, our neighbor, swimming with us yesterday. Natalie hasn't been feeling well this week so Peyton has been watching Logann's lessons with me for two days. I didn't think she would do well watching for 3 days in a row...she really missed the water and was ready to go swimming again! So I called for backup and Ashley was available, thank goodness!

0 comments: