Such a big girl! These are the first set of lessons where she is in the water without a parent! Her first class was actually last Thursday. Knowing that I had to let her go all by herself had me pretty nervous all day. I kept thinking, "Will she go in by herself? Will she cry if the teacher makes her go under water? What if she pees in the pool and blurts it out to everyone?!" I know...I was worried for nothing. She did absolutely great and asks everyday if it is "swim lesson day with teacher Mary!" (and no, she didn't pee in the pool, as far as we know, because she peed when she got home!) Tonight on the way home, I asked her what her favorite part was and she said, "jumping off the edge!" (she gets that from me!) She did too...and she went all the way under while holding her breath! It is fun to watch her interact with another adult who is teaching her and giving her instructions. She is a very attentive listener, as you can see from the pictures. When she isn't being worked with one-on-one, she stands back quietly and observes everyone else. (I think she gets that from her daddy!)
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment