Thursday, October 8, 2009

Last Pictures as a Family of 4!








We had our last professional pictures as a family of 4 taken last week. I love how they turned out! The best family picture was too big to scan since I ordered a 10x13 of it and it wouldn't fit on our scanner. So if you want to come see it, it is hanging in our bonus room!
A few updates: Brent went to his ortho appointment for a check on his braces and found out that he gets them off in 2 weeks! He is so excited! Just when he gets comfortable smiling with them in pictures...as you can see in the pictures above! If you remember, he had the surgery done to expand his upper jaw-line the day after Peyton was born. Then he had braces put on approximately 3 months later. So, he has had braces on for a total of 2 years and 3 months. Not too bad considering how he had to have that surgery to start with! Stay tuned for before and after pictures in 2 weeks from now! I have the BEST before and during pictures to share...I cannot wait!
Pregnancy update: I had my 32 week appointment yesterday and it wasn't that good to start out. My first blood pressure check was 170/120 and the second one a few minutes later was 160/110. So after a long discussion about why this could be, treatment options, and threats of bedrest, my doctor sent me over to the Labor and Delivery department to be monitored for over 2 hours. Fun times I tell ya! After laying there resting for that long, my blood pressure went back to where it should be 120s/70s. They ran more blood tests, urine tests, etc, and everything was perfectly normal, thank goodness! I did have 8 contractions during the 2 hours, which was weird because I was laying and relaxing (something that I don't get to do at home very often) and I still had them! In conclusion, my doctor told me to seriously start taking it easy, she didn't label me with bedrest, but threatened me that if I don't follow orders, she will put me on bedrest. Good news was that I only gained 1.5 pounds this last month despite all the chocolate covered almonds I've been munching on!!! We didn't even get a chance to go over the ultrasound we had a couple of weeks ago or to discuss a c-section date because of the whole high blood pressure discussion and scare! I do have to go in weekly now for appointments, so I will have many opportunities to discuss these last few weeks! So, that is the scoop!

4 comments:

David and Amy Sheldon said...

Cute pics!!! Love the one of Brent and the girls! You and that blood pressure, if only we lived closer I could take those crazy girls off your hands so you could nap more. Are you sure you don't want to move to Oregon??

Rob, Tami, Luca, and Gia Bellenghi said...

Great pictures!! I feel ya on the blood pressure issue, forget your housework, canning your veggies, and all that creative stuff you do! Kick your feet up and rest while you can! We need that baby to cook a bit more!

Lindsey said...

Enjoy the last few weeks of your pregnancy! Try to take it easy! Easier said than done, especially when you have two little ones to chase after!

Great family photos!

Christy said...

Hey Jen-- Since I live so close, if you ever need a hand around the house in the afternoons before Brent comes home, just let me know! I'd be more than happy to help out.

P.S. Cute pictures! :)