Monday, April 20, 2009

Sunny Weekend = Yard Work!







The weather was absolutely beautiful this weekend! We started our new garden project on Saturday, and it was completely finished on Sunday afternoon, thanks to my most-wonderful husband!!! I should have taken a before picture, but the garden size has doubled! Brent had to tear out and about 6 different bushes and he transplanted about 4 of them...We decided to keep the big tree...as it will provide a little bit of shade for our yard. My cousin Bob came over and rototilled the existing garden. Then Brent re-built and added to the brick wall, leveled out the rototilled dirt, then filled the top off with new compost. Then I got to plant my garden! I planted celery, green beans, green onions, carrots, tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, cayenne peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, acorn squash, pumpkin, cilantro, cucumbers and lots of strawberries! Yes, I know...I am sure that I over-planted, but I say that every year and still end up with a beautiful garden somehow!!! We'll just have to water, wait, and see! I threw in pictures of the girls in the hot tub...they played in the water from the hose for a while, got cold, then asked to go in the hot-tub! Silly kids!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

yard looks great! PLEEEEASE feel free to come on down to overly sunny san diego (ugh- 100 deg the last 2 days!) and help me tear up my "yard" & re-do it!!! no, seriously... please?