Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It Snowed Again!






It snowed a couple of inches this morning! After Logann got home from preschool we went out to build a "snow-duck!" The girls helped by patting the snow, and I did the rolling! That is kinda hard work! Usually Brent does the honors!
On another note...I don't know how well Peyton's nap is going to go this afternoon. I'll explain! I decided this morning that it is time to have Peyton give up her binky. Tomorrow we are going to Hubbard to visit Aunt Amy and Cousin Sydney. I heard a good idea from a friend the other day. She said to have your toddler give all of their binkies to another baby that they know, and that could be the end of it. So this morning while Logann was in preschool, Peyton and I went on a binky hunt and gathered them all up and put them in a cute little gift bag for Baby Sydney. Peyton was agreeable the entire time and was saying, "here ya go Sydney" and "baby Sydney's mi-mi's" (Peyton also calls them "mi-mi's) I just put her down in her crib for her nap and closed the door, and she started crying for her binky. And about 5 minutes later, she is still crying...that is why I am blogging...to try and keep my ears off of her crying, but I can still hear her :( I will keep you posted after our visit to Hubbard. We will either give Syd the gift bag, or we will be returning home with all of the mi-mi's! Oh...the crying stopped...that is good news! Tonight might be another struggle...good ol' bed time without a binky...could be bad news bears!




2 comments:

Melissa (5M Creations) said...

Good luck with the binky. She will get it. I love the idea of giving them to a baby. It is so weird now to look at pictures of M from just a month ago with a binky. She grew up in my mind I guess.

Christy said...

Good luck with the binky 'withdrawals'! Brenya only uses her pacifier at naps and bedtime, but I haven't decided when to get rid of them all together. I'll probably wait a bit longer because she's got 1 more canine tooth erupting.