Thursday, March 6, 2008

What's New?






It has been two weeks or so since I have created a new post, so I thought I better get to it. First of all...Peyton's fingers are fine. The x-ray showed a "deep tissue bruise" and there was no fracture. The finger nail is darkened now but hopefully it won't fall off.
We made a trip to OMSI this last weekend. We went with our good friends, the Hoffarth's. Logann and Hallie held hands everywhere we went! They loved the dinosaur exhibit! The moving dino was pretty scary, but they did ok! Peyton and Harrison had a good time "digging" for dinosaur bones in the one boxed in area. Logann and Hallie also went to the Coral Reef movie in the big theater. It was a fun outing!
Peyton is almost 11 months old already! She is getting close to walking...she takes a few steps between Brent and I but then falls to the floor to crawl instead! She stands on her own for a few seconds too, but then plops down! She has 6 teeth still and no signs of new ones coming through. She is NOT interested in "baby food" anymore...only interested in what big sister Logann is eating. Today she had chicken nuggets for lunch!
Logann is growing up so fast. We were at library story time yesterday and I was observing her from the back of the room. She is so attentive and interested in the stories the man reads. She participates right along with the other kids, but I still see signs of the "cautious" child where she waits a moment and checks things out before she jumps in! She filled up her "poop" chart yesterday with the remaining two stickers! We went to Costco so she could pick out her new movie that she worked so hard for! She picked out 101 Dalmations. She watched it this morning and loved it! The whole point of that was...she is a BIG girl now, pooping and peeing on the potty! We are so proud of her. She was a bit stubborn through the whole process, but it is over with, thank goodness!
Other big news for me is that Brent and I have started working out together. I know, big shocker!!! Most of you know that excercising is something pretty low on my list of priorities! Brent always works out on the BowFlex, but I have finally decided to get it together and join him. It is great to spend that time together. We get to talk about a lot of things that we usually don't have the time for. The girls are in bed by 8:30, so that is our new workout time together. My hamstrings are really sore!
Other than that, not much is new around here. We are looking forward to nice weather and hope that it sticks around. Take care and thanks for reading!

0 comments: